Monday, February 14, 2011

So I Guess We Start Here....

So this is were our journey begins, if you are on my blog chances are theres not much to it. But every great blog starts somewhere and here just so happens to be where mine will start. So the basics, who am I, why am I here, why do I even need a blog? All shall be answered; Lets start with me:

  • My Name is Neil
  • I've been on this planet for 24 years
  • I hail from the East; of the United States that is
  • I am an Artist of many sorts, I am also an educator
Well that was fun, lets move on; Why am I here? Well actually for a few reasons, I guess I can kill two birds with one stone and answer both that and why I need a blog. I am here making a blog because I wish to share what I do with people. What I do exactly changes from time to time but primarily this blog is going to be used to show off my art work that I have done for myself and for other. Through this I hope to: Meet new people, Acquire work, ????, PROFIT?!!! Well maybe thats pushing it but at least get a foot-up in what I do.

So lets talk a little about what exactly my work consists of and what you will be seeing the most. I went to school for Art Education, I am trained in many art media, being that an art teacher needs to be a jack of all trades if you will. My main body of work consists of Prints, which from time to time I will be sharing and possibly putting up for sale. Now what I will be posting most often is probably the work that I do in Painting and Modeling. Over the past five or six years I have picked up the hobby of building things, it is something that I find relaxes me, keeps my mind sharp and top of all things, keeps my mind from wondering into the depths during the winter season. What exactly do I model? Well anything really lately I've been playing around with Gundam Models a lot, I am finding that they are a lot of fun to build and paint. I have also painted many table top miniatures from WarHammer (Fantasy and 40K) and WarMachine. That may seem a bit anticlimactic, having read all that just to find out I'm a nerd but truth be told I don't care what others say. I think if you find something you like to do and you are good at it, flaunt it. 

So getting back into what ill be doing with this blog. I hope to be able to update it as often as possible, to show off everything that I have been working on. Not only my models and miniatures but hopefully those who stick around for my good looks and charm may see some of my more....lets say art show art work. 

So hopefully we can both learn something along the way and I can get a few people to actually look at my blog from time to time. It would be nice to get a little attention at times. 



Other than that, I believe this intro will come to a close. I'm going to try and post a few pictures for tonight and hopefully we can get working from there. 

Digitally Your
Neil

No comments:

Post a Comment