Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Gundam News

So I did a bit of searching today to see if I could find any news on the new Gundam releases for 2011 and I stumbled upon some new pictures of the Real Grade Strike Gundam I have been talking about for the last few posts.


Real Grade Strike Gundam Preview

Looking at it, it looks as though the designer went with a similar design to the Perfect Grade Strike Gundam. It is really evident in the proportions of the model as well as in the legs and side armor. I am hoping that those side armor pieces will move like the Perfect Grade do (they have this cool side to side swaying motion when the leg moves). The Striker Pack looks pretty good, I'm pretty excited to see what it will look like with some color. All in good time I suppose, we are still a good month away from this release. If you look farther down the page you'll notice they put the weaponry which includes his Beam Rifle and with the Aile Strike you get the two Beam Sabers for the Striker Pack but alas no Grand Slam Sword....This is a bit disappointing. Moving on you will also see that the 3rd secret has been release which is nothing I didn't already guess, just another allusion to the Advanced MS Joint System that they have been using on the last two Real Grades. You can see they are showing the inner frame of both the arm and the leg, as they did with the shoulder joint and the waist. The leg does look to be a bit different although so I am still hoping Bandai has something up their sleeve with this one. Either way this is on my list for April so you guys can be expecting an unboxing as well as build for that model.

Another few releases look to be the MG 00 Raiser for May 2011, taking a look at the scans from the latests issue of Hobby Magazine... 

Master Grade 00 Raiser Preview

Looks like this ones going to look a lot like the Perfect Grade as well. I wonder if they will have any light up parts like the MG Exia Ignition Mode had. I know I saw something about it having the GN Condenser packs.  Lastly and what everyone seems to be astir about is the MG Epyon.

Master Grade Epyon Preview

From what I hear this was leaked a few weeks ago with a silhouetted picture, much like what we saw when they announced the RG Strike Gundam. When looking at this model it looks to be a reworked design of the newer Endless Waltz version from the new manga. It looks pretty cool to me, I really dig the segmented leg armor. It will be interesting to see what the prototype will look like.

That seems to be it for news today, Ill keep you guys posted if I learn anything new. In other news I ended up going out today and staying out most of the day so I didn't really get a chance to do any painting. I'm hoping to start that tomorrow along with grabbing the wood I need to start building my spray booth. Ill post tomorrow with an update, until then.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment