Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Truth Reveled...


So here comes a bit of my nerdy-ness...but this is what I made this blog for. So lets talk a little bit about Gunpla. For those who don't know what Gunpla is I'll make it simple, Gunpla is short for Gundam Plastic Models....or at least the Japanese like to think. Anyways, they are Japanese plastic models that I have grow very fond of making in the past few years. They can be very complex, they have great articulation and they are very detailed and interesting to look at. They come in a few different grades. 


  • High Grade 1/144 Scale which range from 15-30 dollars, they are the least detailed of the bunch. The articulation is something of a cheap action figure. 
  • Master Grade 1/100 Scale which range from 30-90 dollars, this is where I like to spend my money. They seem to have the best bang for your buck, great detail, great articulation,  and not too big. 
  • Perfect Grade 1/60 Scale which range from 150-300 dollars. These are the most expensive yet the nicest looking. The detail and the articulation on these are absolutely amazing. 
  • Real Grade 1/144 Scale which range from 20-40. The Real grade just came out and ill actually be able to show you one I just finished for a Gunpla competition. These are basically smaller Master Grade models. I like these kits so much I'm planning on sticking to these and Master Grades. The detail is amazing for such a small size and the articulation is unbelievable. The hands are almost better than most Master Grades with fully jointed thumbs, forefinger and the rest of the fingers attached like master grades with an extra knuckle joint. 
So those are your basic grade. Like I said my own personal collection which is quite small, only consists of a Real Grade which I just finished and two Master Grades. Here is the Real Grade I just finished. 



This is the Real Grade Zaku II Char's Custom Suite.  By far one of the most fun kits I've ever painted. It may look pretty finished but I still need to apply decals that I am waiting on and then a top coat of matte clear. I can not say anything bad about this kit, I'm going to write a review a little later this week. 


Heres a back shot of it. I did a lot of painting with this figure that I never though I could do on a 1/144 scale figure (About 5-6 inches tall). All the panel lines were painted in silver to match the box art, I did pre and post shading on the larger armor parts. Chrome on the thrusters and even painted the insides red. As I write I am trying to figure out how to let you guys click on my pictures to make them bigger....I suppose all in good time. 

So what am I working on now you might ask...well I have a few projects going. I'm working on a custom paint job for a Gouf Custom. I just finished installing the led for the mono eye and I will be prepping it for paint soon. I am also working on a Master Grade Aile Strike Gundam. I will post some pictures soon, let you guys see the inner workings of my painting operations. 

This year looks like its gonna be pretty good for Gunpla, I will make a post soon talking about this years upcoming models. I'm pretty excited for the next RG to come out, its going to be the Aile Strike Gundam. Anyways its 4am time for me to get some sleep...this blog stuff is fun...









1 comment:

  1. Hey, i know its been a while but im hoping you can answer my question, could you tell me the color you used for the darker red part of your kits, in the hand and the legs?

    ReplyDelete