Saturday, March 5, 2011

Transformers....hmmm

So tonight I finally got around to watching Transformers the Movie. I have no idea why I waited so long, I mean it was an awesome movie. Leave it to Michale Bay to make it really melt your face off. So after the movie I decided to purged the inter-webs to see if I could find any Transformer model kits, to my dismay not many exist. This is probably because of companies soaking up the rights and such. Or maybe its just really hard to make a transforming model kit. This does bring me to something I have found, a kit that is coming out this year. The kit seems to have a prebuilt inner frame and the builder has to put on the outer frame (Much like the Gundam Real Grade kits I love so much). Seems like it could be interesting, if it can transform I may pass out.

Takara Tomy Duel Model Kit Preview 1

Here are some of the released previews of the kit, from what I've read the kit is set to release in June of 2011.

Takara Tomy Duel Model Kit Preview 2

Takara Tomy Duel Model Kit Preview 3

Can't wait to see more from this, I mean if you though I was just a Gundam nerd you were wrong. I just love robots in general. Would that make me a robot nerd? Hmmm.

Anyways I know I haven't posted in a while, I am still slowly working on my kits; The Perfect Grade Aile Strike and the Master Grade Gouf Custom. Today I put the gloss coat on the white leg armor parts I painted last week and I also ordered the decals for the Strike off of eBay yesterday. I still need to get the decals for the striker pack and the SkyGrasper, they are a bit challenging to find.

Perfect Grade Stike Gundam's Water Slide Decals

You may be asking yourself; Wow you really are taking your sweet time with these builds Neil! My answer to that is; You are right and I have only one person (or thing) to blame.


Sack Boy from Little Big Planet

Little Big Planet 2 is probably the most fun I've had playing a video game since Little Big Planet 1. I won't go too far into it but most of my free time has been devoted to that little guy. I mean how could you resist?

Anyways but I'll post more in the morning, I took some pictures of the work I've done with the Perfect Grade and the modifications I've done to the Gouf. Hopefully tomorrow I can do some more prep to the waist pieces so I can start painting those. Until then in the words of Charlie Sheen, May you always win.

No comments:

Post a Comment